Paragon Partners endeavors a sustainable investment approach. We integrate Environmental, Social and Corporate Governance („ESG“) considerations into our investment decisions and incorporate our sustainability standards into the management of our portfolio companies.
As part of our ESG policies, we pay particular attention to the following areas:
- Environment: mitigates for pollution, limited consumption of natural resources and responsible waste management
- Social: protection of health and safety conditions at the workplace, exclusion of child labor, enforcement of anti-discrimination policies
- Governance: risk management, corporate governance, anti-corruption policies, compliance with ethical rules and good business practices
We are convinced that the implementation of high ESG standards minimizes business risks, leads to cost savings and consequently creates sustainable long-term value. As part of these efforts, we raise awareness among our management teams for the relevance of ESG aspects and support them in the continuous improvement of our companies with regards to ESG topics. Our commitment includes both the compliance with principles of sustainable investments in our portfolio firms as well as holding ourselves responsible to these standards.
In accordance with our commitment Paragon Partners has become a signatory party to the United Nations Principles of Responsible Investments (“UNPRI”). This means that we have committed ourselves to the following principles:
- We incorporate ESG issues into investment analysis and decision-making processes.
- We are active owners and incorporate ESG issues into our ownership policies and practices.
- We seek appropriate disclosure on ESG issues by the entities in which we invest.
- We promote acceptance and implementation of the Principles within the investment industry.
- We partner with others in order to enhance our effectiveness in implementing the Principles.
- We report on our activities and progress towards implementing the Principles.